I've written a handful of posts while working with webmentions.
May 15th Webmention chat
I attended the "Webmentions Beyond Webmention.io" chat on May 15, 2021 and did a whole bunch of listening. The conversations sparked a bunch of thoughts in my head, but I don't have anything concrete to share yet.
A bunch of links that I gathered from tabs afterwards:
A general receiver framework might include:
- Webmention is received from a sender
- Webmention is validated to ensure sender mentioned URL.
- (Optional) Parse for microformats to turn a "mention" into something more rich.
- (Optional) Store parsed microformat data somewhere.
- (Optional) Provide stored data.
- How to crawl a large number of sites and look for webmention or other indieweb functionality
- WordPress multisite webmention manager for arbitrary (not-necessarily WordPress) sites.
- A webmention receiver on Glitch could be forked and run by others easily.
Last modified: Thu Jun 17 2021 01:37:11 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)